WHAT ARE COOKIES
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
INFO PLACED AUTOMATICALLY ON YOUR PC – COOKIES
When you view one of our websites, we may store some information on your computer. This information will be in the form of a “Cookie” or similar file and can help us in many ways. For example, Cookies allow us to tailor a website to better match your interests and preferences. With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. Please refer to your Browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions.
THE COOKIES WE SET
This site may offer newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
When you submit data to this website through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
• This site uses Google Analytics (which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the internet) for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
o For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
• From time to time we may test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features, these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings in your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the/this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
Our processing of your personal information is exclusively for our legitimate business interests and pursuant to your contracting with Tiadox (Pty) Ltd t/a The Duchess as per its General Terms, but notwithstanding this, your use of the Website and/or submission of any personal information to us, constitutes your express consent to Tiadox (Pty) Ltd t/a The Duchess to process your personal information as described herein or as posted from time to time.
Tiadox (Pty) Ltd t/a The Duchess will not collect any personally-identifiable information about you (e.g. your name, address, telephone number or email address (“personal data”)) through our website unless you have provided it to us voluntarily through a function on the Website (e.g. sign-up or email subscriptions). If you do not want your personal data collected, please do not submit it to us.
You warrant that the personal information disclosed by you to Tiadox (Pty) Ltd t/a The Duchess and/or the Website, is directly from you as the user of the Website, and is correct in every regard, where Tiadox (Pty) Ltd t/a The Duchess is under no obligation to ensure that your personal information or other information supplied by you is correct.
When you do provide us with personal data, we may use that information in the following ways, unless explicitly stated to youotherwise:
1. We may store and process that information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our products and services;
We (or a fulfilment house or other third party on our behalf in connection with a promotion) may use that information to contact you;
2. We may provide it to law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity or the contravention of an applicable law, or to investigate violations of these Terms; and/or
3. We may provide other third parties with summary (but not individual) information about visitors to, or users of, our sites,where our processing is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
In some cases, we may automatically (i.e. not via registration or through your submission in any way) collect technical information when you connect to our site, which information is not personally-identifiable. Examples of this type of information include the type of Internet Browser you are using, the type of computer operating system you are using and the domain name of the website from which you clicked through to our site.
SALE OF BUSINESS
If this business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
UPDATING YOUR DETAILS
If any of the personal information that you have provided to Tiadox (Pty) Ltd t/a The Duchess changes, for example, if you change your e-mail address, name or payment details or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know the correct details by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org where we shall gladly assist. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes, where Tiadox (Pty) Ltd t/a The Duchess is under no obligation to check for such changes with you.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Owing to the global nature of the Internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred to countries outside South Africa that do not have national legislation in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy.
However, we have taken the steps outlined above, and in our General Terms, to try to improve the security of your information, and have ensured that every operator and/or third-party who has access to your personal information, is contracted to us and processes it in accordance with standards equal to or better than those standards required in South African law and adhered to by Tiadox (Pty) Ltd t/a The Duchess. By reading and closing the consent message provided to you in the footer of this website and/or when submitting your information, you consent to these transfers and these terms.
Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third-parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not retain your personal information for longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless it is for our legitimate research and business purposes, or we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period. Tiadox (Pty) Ltd t/a The Duchess undertakes never to sell or make your personal information available to any third party other than as provided for in these terms.
OUR OTHER OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Tiadox (Pty) Ltd t/a The Duchess will:
1. treat your personal information as strictly confidential, save where we are entitled to share it as set out in this policy;
2. take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
3. provide you with reasonable access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details;
4. promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
5. provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request; and
6. upon your request, promptly correct, return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control, save for that which we are legally obliged or entitled to retain (acknowledging that some Website functionality might be lost if certain personal information is amended or destroyed).
If there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not, or would like any further information on our processing of your personal information, please contact us by emailing email@example.com