For any queries or requests relating to your personal information processed by The Duchess, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +27 71 814 8135 who will gladly assist.
This Policy was last updated on 24/05/2018.
Full name of legal entity: Tiadox (Pty) Ltd t/a The Duchess
Name or title of designated Data Privacy Officer: Talita Calitz
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: 77 Hout Street, Cape Town, South Africa, 8001.
Telephone number: +27 71 814 8135
WHAT ARE COOKIES
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
INFO PLACED AUTOMATICALLY ON YOUR PC – COOKIES
When you view one of our websites, we may store some information on your computer. This information will be in the form of a “Cookie” or similar file and can help us in many ways. For example, Cookies allow us to tailor a website to better match your interests and preferences. With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. Please refer to your Browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions.
THE COOKIES WE SET
This site may offer newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
When you submit data to this website through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
- This site uses Google Analytics (which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the internet) for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
- For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time we may test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features, these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings in your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the/this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
PERSONAL DATA USE
Our processing of your personal information is exclusively for our legitimate business interests and pursuant to your contracting with Tiadox (Pty) Ltd t/a The Duchess as per its General Terms, but notwithstanding this, your use of the Website and/or submission of any personal information to us, constitutes your express consent to Tiadox (Pty) Ltd t/a The Duchess to process your personal information as described herein or as posted from time to time.
Tiadox (Pty) Ltd t/a The Duchess will not collect any personally-identifiable information about you (e.g. your name, address, telephone number or email address (“personal data”)) through our Website unless you have provided it to us voluntarily through a function on the Website (e.g. sign-up or email subscriptions). If you do not want your personal data collected, please do not submit it to us.
You warrant that the personal information disclosed by you to Tiadox (Pty) Ltd t/a The Duchess and/or the Website, is directly from you as the user of the Website, and is correct in every regard, where Tiadox (Pty) Ltd t/a The Duchess is under no obligation to ensure that your personal information or other information supplied by you is correct.
When you do provide us with personal data, we may use that information in the following ways, unless explicitly stated to you otherwise:
- We may store and process that information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our products and services;
- We (or a fulfilment house or other third party on our behalf in connection with a promotion) may use that information to contact you;
- We may provide it to law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity or the contravention of an applicable law, or to investigate violations of these Terms; and/or
- We may provide other third parties with summary (but not individual) information about visitors to, or users of, our sites,
where our processing is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
In some cases, we may automatically (i.e. not via registration or through your submission in any way) collect technical information when you connect to our site, which information is not personally-identifiable. Examples of this type of information include the type of Internet Browser you are using, the type of computer operating system you are using and the domain name of the website from which you clicked through to our site.
SALE OF BUSINESS
If this business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
UPDATING YOUR DETAILS
If any of the personal information that you have provided to Tiadox (Pty) Ltd t/a The Duchess changes, for example, if you change your e-mail address, name or payment details or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know the correct details by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org where we shall gladly assist. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes, where Tiadox (Pty) Ltd t/a The Duchess is under no obligation to check for such changes with you.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Owing to the global nature of the Internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred to countries outside of the United Kingdom that do not have national legislation in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy.
However, we have taken the steps outlined herein, and in our General Terms, to improve the security of your information, and have ensured that every operator and/or third-party who has access to your personal information, is contracted to us and processes it in accordance with standards equal to or better than those standards required in United Kingdom law and adhered to by Tiadox (Pty) Ltd t/a The Duchess. By reading and closing the consent message provided to you in the footer of this website and/or when submitting your information, you consent to these transfers and these terms.
We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third-parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Tiadox (Pty) Ltd t/a The Duchess undertakes never to sell or make your personal information available to any third party other than as provided for in these terms.
OUR OTHER OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Tiadox (Pty) Ltd t/a The Duchess will:
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential, save where we are entitled to share it as set out in this policy;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- provide you with reasonable access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details;
- manifest your right to withdraw consent to our marketing at any time by you contacting us or using the prompts on any marketing directed at you;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request; and
- upon your request, promptly correct, return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control, save for that which we are legally obliged or entitled to retain (acknowledging that some Website functionality might be lost if certain personal information is amended or destroyed).
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS PERTAINING TO YOUR DATA HELD BY US
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You may, by contacting us:
- request access to your personal data;
- request correction of your personal data;
- request erasure of your personal data;
- object to processing of your personal data;
- request restriction of processing your personal data;
- request transfer of your personal data; and
- withdraw any consent you may have provided us,
but please consider that the above requests may affect the functionality and/or your use of the Website or any services derived therefrom.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside our group of companies for marketing purposes.
OPTING-OUT OF MARKETING
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into the Website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences, or, by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
If there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not, or would like any further information on our processing of your personal information, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or telephoning +27 71 814 8135.